Held in partnership with the University of Nottingham’s Energy Innovation and Collaboration team the 2021 East Midlands Energy Summit will explore how Government, businesses, academia and civil society come together to ensure that clean growth can underpin our future economy.
As we continue our recovery from the impact of the Covid-19 crisis focus is increasingly turning to the global climate crisis.
In order to meaningfully address the climate challenge, it is essential that the way we create, use, store and distribute energy is put at the centre of this discussion.
The summit will bring together business, academia and policy makers to explore how we can accelerate the adoption of clean energy technologies and a move towards cleaner new energy industries.
Set post-COP26 the Summit will also provide the opportunity to discuss the latest thinking and how this directly relates to the business community in the East Midlands.
Though a series of key notes and panel discussions we will look to:
- Understand the future of energy supply, demand, cost and security and the implications for your business
- Understand what drivers the region take from the COP26 Summit outcomes
- Understand the pace and scale of transition required to tackle climate change and to achieve net zero targets on a local, regional, national and international basis
- Explore and highlight the regional opportunities and threats
- Hear about the development of new technologies to ensure business demands are met in the near future and beyond
- Be part of the discussion on what the regional energy strategy should look like
- Discuss the regional picture on innovation, energy creation, storage and distribution
Who should attend?
Senior management, business owners and decision makers from all sectors, particularly those responsible for operations, facilities management, energy contract management, business sustainability and environmental activities, plus policy makers, local authorities and those working in any field in, or aligned to, the energy sector.
Agenda (to be finalised):
- Welcome and overview of the Summit - Chris Hobson, Director of Policy and External Affairs, East Midlands Chamber (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire)
- A Sustainable Future - Shearer West, Vice Chancellor, University of Nottingham
- Overview of the Energy Markets – Stephen Atkins, Head of Procurement & Global Risk Management, The Consultus International Group
Booking your place:
This event is free of charge to attend and will be delivered online via Goto Webinar - reserve your place on the Goto Platform here
Image credit: Roland Larsson via Unsplash