This piece of equipment is a Helios ATR microscope for Bruker Vertex 70 FTIR spectrometer.
In combination with infrared spectroscopy, attenuated total reflectance (ATR) allows the acquisition of structural and compositional details of solids and liquids.
The Helios is a user-installable high-performance ATR microscope, capable of collecting internal reflection spectra from an analysis area with a diameter of 500 μm. The Helios may also be used to perform diffuse/specular reflection analyses with a sample analysis area of approximately 1 mm.
- Acquisition of infrared spectra of the following solid materials: laminates, paints, plastics, rubbers, coating, natural powders and solids that can be ground into powder.
- Acquisition of infrared spectra of liquids such as aqueous solutions, viscous liquids, coatings and biological fluids.
- The Helios incorporates a high-quality xyz stage for accurate sample positioning.
- Integral high-resolution colon camera.
- Reflection and transmission adjustable sample illumination included for easy sample positioning.
- The base system offers a diamond Type IIA ATR objective as standard.
- The diamond ATR is a single monolithic Type IIA element. The diamond element is clear in the visible and allows viewing of the ATR contact area, even during data collection.
Back to facility information